CATHY ZELLER ERICKSON
Although Cathy has practiced other areas of law, her primary focus today is estate planning and administration and related matters. Sorting through strategies that best suit her clients’ wishes and honor the family relationships precious to them is most rewarding to her. Cathy strives to find the simplest and most straightforward solutions to family needs no matter how challenging the dynamics. She truly enjoys and cares for her clients and, when needed, visits them at their homes, in hospitals, and in care facilities.
The law was not Cathy’s first profession. A month after graduating from college, she was hired by State Compensation Insurance Fund in San Francisco where she became the second woman in California history to become a safety engineer. After nine years in this position, she moved to their sales force for another five years. Her time with State Fund provided diverse experiences and exposed Cathy to an array of business industries. But, ultimately, she could not ignore her innate attraction to the law and attended law school in the evening while working during the day.
Because of the high esteem in which she held her father, Robert H. Zeller, his was the only law firm to which she applied upon passing the Bar. To this day, she regards her father as the epitome of honesty, integrity, and common sense. Married to Jeff Erickson, insurance broker and owner of ISU Sander, Jacobs, Cassayre Insurance Sevices, Cathy has two sons and two grandchildren, with another on the way.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Estate Planning
- Trusts and Wills
- Trust Administration
- Probate Administration
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Advanced Health Care Directives
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
- University of California, Berkeley, B. A., Social Welfare, 1974
- San Francisco Law School, J. D., 1980
- Admitted to the California State Bar, 1982
- Past President of the Napa Valley CAL Alumni
- Past member of the Napa Valley Family Violence Prevention Council
- Member of the California State Bar Association
- Member and Past President of the Napa County Bar
- Member and Past President of Napa County Women Lawyers
- Member of Leadership Napa Valley Class II
- Pioneer Board Member and Past Chair of First Christian School Board