PAUL M. HOFF
Born in Culver City, California, Paul moved to the Bay Area in 1968 to attend Hastings College of Law. Upon admittance to the California State Bar, he joined the Walnut Creek law firm of McNamara, Lewis, and Craddick, later McNamara, Lewis, Dodge, and Houston, where he practiced from 1972 to 1979. Paul opened and worked from the Law Offices of Paul M. Hoff in Napa for the next 14 years. Since 1993, he has practiced with Zeller, Hoff, & Zeller, Inc..
Throughout his career, Paul has handled a wide range of legal issues including medical malpractice defense, personal injury, and general civil litigation. He has represented the County of Napa, the City of Napa, and the Napa Valley Unified School District, as well as individuals, in civil litigation matters. His current focus is probate and trust litigation and administration.
Paul’s acute attention to detail and analytical skills make him a notable and successful litigator. These skills also account for his outstanding negotiating abilities which have often saved his clients from concluding matters in the courtroom.
Through his knowledge of the law, Paul finds great reward in helping his clients solve those problems that they cannot solve themselves.
Paul has been married to his wife of 43 years, Kathryn Shifflett Hoff, a retired teacher at Redwood Middle School. They have five children and five grandchildren.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Civil Litigation
- Real Property Law
- Probate and Trust Administration and Litigation
- Winery & Vineyard Management
Education and Affiliations
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B. A. Political Science, 1968
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J. D., 1971
- Admitted to the California State Bar, 1972
- Member of the California State Bar, (Litigation and Law Practice Management, and Technology Sections)
- Member of the Napa County Bar. President 2005, Secretary, 1979
- Member of the American Bar Association, (Torts and Insurance Practice Section)
- Past member of the Justin High School Association. President 1985-1987
- Past member of the Justin-Siena High School Corporation Board of Trustees, 1988-1995. President 1989- 1990
- Member of the St. Helena Montessori School Board of Directors, 1989 – present.
- Mavroudis vs. Superior Court (1980), 102 Cal.App.3d 594
- Molien vs. Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (1980), 27 Cal.3d 916
- Dinong vs. Superior Court (1980), 102 Cal.App.3d 845
- In re Estate of Cairns (2010), 188 Cal.App.4th 937